The Camden News wins awards at Arkansas Press advertising contest
Little Rock, Arkansas -- Mar. 15, 2007 -- The Camden News advertising staff won thirteen awards, including five first places, during the Arkansas Press Association’s Advertising 2007 Contest. Winners were selected from 21 daily newspapers submitting 562 entries and 30 weekly newspapers submitting 682 entries.
The Camden News staff won second place in the Sweepstakes Award.
Advertising sales representative Robyn Yarbro won third place in the Best of Division for her First Bank ad, “Merry Christmas.”
Other Camden News winners include:
- 1st place ad campaign, any size - Roger Johnson and Tina Sams for Farmers Bank and Trust, “Where is Besty?”
- 1st place use of process color - Robyn Yarbro for First Bank, “Merry Christmas."
- 1st place special section - staff - "Cooking In the Valley."
- 1st place use of humor - Robyn Yarbro for First Bank, “Headed in your direction."
- 1st place single classified ad - Robyn Yarbro and Tina Sams, “Is this your barber?”
- 2nd place single ad - Bonny Garrett and Odean Confron, "The Diner Now Open.”
- 2nd place single ad half page - Roger Johnson and Tina Same for Main Street, “Meeting the Challenge.”
- 2nd place promotion - staff
- 3rd place single ad - Robyn Yarbro and Odean Confron for Merle Norman “He knows you’ve been good.”
- 3rd place single ad half page - Robyn Yarbro for First Bank “Working hand in hand.”
- Honorable mention multiple advertiser - staff - "Easter Fashion."
- Honorable mention use of process color - Robyn Yarbro, Roger Johnson and Tina Sams for Ouachita County Medical Center “Pin your name on.”
- Honorable mention single classified ad - Robyn Yarbro and Mary Brown for Jim Golden “Christmas Cash.”